There are a lot of ways we could talk about the courage needed to be successful. There are things we’ve spoken about, lists we’ve made and advice we’ve given. This week, we’re going to try something a little different, we’re going to try an acrostic. An acrostic is when certain letters in a line (the first, the last), taken together, spell out a word. Our word of course is COURAGE:
U, no one else.
Right thing, do it.
Get your way
What this does is give you a reminder of what you need to do to have courage:
1. A can-do attitude
2. Own the situation, don’t just let it overpower you.
3. Don’t just wait until someone else speaks up for you.
4. Stand up for what’s right, no matter what.
5. Spend time prepping yourself for the steps you need to take, change doesn’t just happen on it’s own.
6. Fight for what you believe in, don’t compromise what is correct.
7. It’s going to take a lot of work and power to do the right thing.
Simple, right? So get yourself a courage bracelet so you can always remember those seven simple steps.